Monday, August 1, 2011

A few things

First off let's talk emotions.  So far the hardest part of this pregnancy has been the emotional roller coaster I am currently on.  Morning sickness was a breeze.  If I felt nauseous all I had to do was eat something and I felt better (which is where the first 10-15 lbs came from, thanks baby).  Back pain hasn’t been too bad.  It hasn’t kept me awake at night (of course I’m only about 5.75 months in, so I’ll get back to you on that topic in the next few months).  But the emotions are crazy and give me that out of control feeling.  Not being able to control my state of mind or emotional outburst is becoming tiresome.  I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve had to apologize to my husband.  Poor guy, he’s probably thinking not only is my wife getting increasingly round and unable to lift or bend, but now she’s acting like a crazy person.

I won’t go into the arguments that I started over the weekend, but this morning the emotion sadness came over me.  For whatever reason as I was driving to work this morning I couldn’t get the thought out of my head that someday my dog Dallas is going to die.  I just kept thinking that in 10 or so years I’m going to have to deal with that grief and sadness and it was bringing me to tears.   I kept imagining myself having to explain to our 10 or so year old son why Dallas had to pass away and what it means. Why on earth am I thinking about that right now?  And poor Dixie, why wasn’t she included in my sadness?  Who knows…I blame hormones.

But on a happy note we registered this weekend, yea!  Well we started.  We spent about 3 hours at Buybuy baby yesterday and we are about half way done registering.  We have no idea what we need or what things are.  We were so lost, haha!  Luckily the customer service was great.  Everyone was very knowledgeable and helpful.  I think the last woman who helped us in the stroller section could tell we were lost and tired, so God bless her.  She walked us through several things we would need.  But warning to all, when you go on our registry we pretty much asked for one of everything. We don’t know any better.  If you know better what we’ll need please buy us those things.

Another very happy note, Colt is a moving machine lately.  Justin can feel some of it, but I can feel all of it.  And it’s so great.  He’s a fan of summersaults and little kicks from what I can tell. 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a totally normal healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete